The structure and advantages of flanged butterfly valves
Flange butterfly valve is a simple regulating valve, which can also be used to control the on-off of low-pressure pipeline media. The butterfly valve is a valve whose closing part (butterfly plate or butterfly plate) is a disc, which rotates around the valve shaft to open and close, and mainly plays the role of intercepting and throttling the pipeline. The opening and closing part of the butterfly valve is a disc-shaped butterfly plate that rotates around its own axis in the valve body to achieve the purpose of opening and closing or adjustment. Butterfly valves transport various corrosive and non-corrosive fluid media in engineering systems such as generators, coal gas, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, city gas, hot and cold air, chemical refining, power generation, and environmental protection. pipeline. Used to regulate and intercept media streams.
Features of flange butterfly valve:
1. The butterfly valve has the characteristics of simple structure, small size, light weight, less consumables, small installation size, fast switching, 90° reciprocating rotation, and small driving torque. It can adjust the medium in the pipeline, and has closing and opening, good fluid control characteristics, and closing and sealing performance.
2. The butterfly valve can transport mud, and the liquid accumulated at the nozzle is the least. Get good sealing and good adjustment performance under low pressure.
3. The streamlined design of the butterfly plate reduces the loss of fluid resistance and becomes an energy-saving product.
4. There are flange connection, butt connection, butt welding connection, lug butt connection.
5. The valve stem is a through-rod structure, which has excellent overall mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and scratch resistance after quenching and tempering. When the butterfly valve is opened and closed, the valve stem only rotates and does not move up and down, so the valve stem packing is not easy to be damaged and the sealing is reliable. The butterfly plate is fixed with a tapered pin, and the extension end is designed to prevent the valve from popping out and prevent the valve stem from collapsing when the connection between the valve stem and the butterfly plate is accidentally disconnected.
Advantages of flanged butterfly valves
1. The opening and closing is convenient and fast, labor-saving, and the fluid resistance is small.
2. Simple structure, small size, short structure length, small size, light weight, suitable for large-diameter valves.
3. Get a good seal under low pressure.
4. Good adjustment performance.
5. Mud can be transported, with less liquid effusion at the nozzle.
6. The material of the sealing surface is generally rubber or plastic, with good low-pressure sealing.
7. When fully open, the effective flow channel area of the valve seat flow channel is large, and the fluid resistance is small.
8. The opening and closing moment is small, and the hinge plates on both sides of the rotating shaft are basically the same due to the action of the medium, so the torque direction is opposite, so the opening and closing requires more time to save.