The difference between flange butterfly valve
and wafer butterfly valve
First of all, the flange and the wafer in the butterfly valve are two connection methods.
In terms of price, the clip-on type is cheaper, and the price is roughly two-thirds of the flange. When choosing imported valves, use the wafer type as much as possible, which is cheap and light in weight. Wafer-type valve gate bolts are longer in length and require higher construction accuracy. If the flanges on both sides are not aligned, the bolts will be subjected to greater shearing force and the valve is prone to leakage. Wafer type valve bolts are generally relatively long. Under high temperature conditions, the expansion of the bolt may cause leakage, so it is not suitable for large pipe diameters under high temperature conditions. And the https://www.allwayvalve.com/-generally cannot be used in the end of the pipeline and the downstream occasions that need to be disassembled, because when the downstream flange
When disassembled, the wafer-type valve will fall off. In this case, a short section must be made for disassembly. The flanged butterfly valve does not have the above problems, but the cost will be higher.
The https://www.allwayvalve.com/ has no flanges at both ends of the valve body, only a few guide bolt holes, and the valve is connected with the flange at the end by a set of bolts and nuts. In contrast, disassembly is more convenient, and the valve cost is lower, but the disadvantage is that one sealing surface has a problem, and both sealing surfaces have to be disassembled. The flange type butterfly valve has flanges at both ends of the valve body, which are connected with the pipe flanges. The seal is relatively more reliable, but the cost of the flanged butterfly valve is relatively
The flange butterfly valve
and the wafer butterfly valve have the following three differences
Refer to different
1. Flange butterfly valve: When the flange butterfly valve
is in the fully open position, the thickness of the butterfly plate is the only resistance when the medium flows through the valve body. Therefore, the pressure drop generated by the valve is very small, so it has better flow control characteristics.
2. Wafer butterfly valve: installed in the diameter direction of the pipeline. In the cylindrical passage of the butterfly valve body, the disc-shaped butterfly plate rotates around the axis, and the rotation angle is between 0°-90°. When the rotation reaches 90°, the valve is fully opened.
1. Flange butterfly valve: The sealing structure of the flange butterfly valve
adopts PTFE and synthetic rubber to form a composite valve seat. Its characteristic is that the elasticity of the valve is still provided by synthetic rubber. The friction coefficient of the valve is low, not easy to wear, and difficult to wear. Aging and other characteristics, so that the life of the butterfly valve can be improved.
2. Wafer butterfly valve: The wafer butterfly valve
is simple in structure, small in size and light in weight, and consists of only a few parts. Moreover, it can be opened and closed quickly by rotating 90°, and the operation is simple. At the same time, the valve has good fluid control characteristics.
1. Flange butterfly valve
: The connection between the butterfly plate and the valve stem adopts a pinless structure, which overcomes possible internal leakage points. The outer circle of the butterfly plate adopts a spherical shape, which improves the sealing performance and prolongs the service life of the valve. It still maintains zero leakage when opening and closing more than 50,000 times under pressure. The seal can be replaced, and the seal is reliable to achieve two-way sealing.
2. Wafer butterfly valve: When the butterfly valve is in the fully open position, the thickness of the butterfly plate is the only resistance when the medium flows through the valve body, so the pressure drop produced by the valve is small, so it has better flow control characteristics. The butterfly valve has two sealing types: elastic seal and metal seal. Elastic sealing valve, the sealing ring can be inlaid on the valve body or attached to the periphery of the butterfly plate.